Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I Stand Alone

Now I stand alone, a fighter in a world wrought with adversaries.  A world hell bent on taking me down, dragging me through the mud and putting me in a hole that I cannot ascend from.  Yet I stand, on the frontline of my own life.  Master of all I control.  I am not afraid, but I am alone.  Now I have to find strength in myself.  I have to find strength for myself.  For so long my strength has been devoted to holding you up, giving you the power to overcome.  Now I must move forward on my own.  I must defeat the demons that haunt my dreams, and the monster that hide in the shadows.  Stand up against the devils henchmen and show them that I will not be overthrown.  I can continue and I will hold my head up.  I have given everything to you, and to my life, and now I must stand for me.  Protect the weak that cannot protect themselves, stand up for what I believe.  This is the battle cry that I scream as I walk forward into a life of pain and despair, a world of fear and anger.  They are angry with me because I will not fall to my knees, I will not bend, and I will not break.  I will stand strong against the forces that rise up against me.  I will stand fast before those that oppose my desire to continue.  I have seen the bottom, tasted the grit of the pits of hell, and the ash in my mouth.  I have seen the lowest point of the abyss and I stood tall.  I faced my fear and my pain.  I walked through the weakness of my soul, and ventured forward.  I have the blood and dirt under my nails from scraping my way back from the depths that I was sent to.  I have taken the stones and assaults that come from traversing the rocky path ahead of me.  Barefoot and weighted down with despair, I continue.  I always continue.  I continue moving forward through hellish conditions, with pain, hunger, and loneliness beating at my door.  While the rest of the world might succeed to the wants and desires of a cold world, I fight.  I traverse the ledges and straights and narrows that lay before me with the pride I was brought into this world to have.  I do not take the easy way out and follow the misguided and ill fated.  I fight to do what I know to be right.  I fight to keep the knowledge in my heart that I did all I could in this world to make it a better place to be in.  I fight to keep paths clear of obstacles so that I may proceed to my own destiny.  I fight so that others may achieve theirs.  I am alone and I fight.  That is the way of this warrior.  Someday you may stand by me and fight alongside me, bear the weight of my burden and I will gladly bear yours.  Someday you may see the efforts of my truth, my conviction, and my love.  Until then, I am alone.  I am alone and I fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment