Tuesday, November 9, 2010

There She Sat.

There she sat.  I stared, intoxicated by her beauty.  I sat in awe of her powerful charm, and amazing smile.  I watched light dance in her eyes.  I felt electricity jump through me with every beat of my heart.  I felt my chest rise and fall with each breath I took.  I listened intently to her words as if the very secrets of life were rolling off her perfect lips, falling from her mouth to the ground without ever a chance of reaching me.  I had talked to her before, and listened before, but this day seemed to be the most enlightening and confusing of all the days past.  Was it because I thought that I would never see her again?  Was it because I thought that I would never hear the melody of her voice in my ears?  Was it because she was not mine, and I was not hers, yet my longing for her created a pain in my soul?  Was it because I connected with her once in another time and place that she would never know about?  Did she know?  I feel like my emotions were so strong that they were painted on my face and etched in my eyes.  Her image danced in my mind for years, she touched depths of my soul I did not know existed.  She grabbed my mind and my spirit and held them in her arms with the embrace of a new mother with her child.  I longed to be held in her arms, to hold her hand and feel the warmth of her touch, to stare into her eyes with a connection that only we could understand.  The world would slow, sound would go, and all I would feel is her heart and the warmth of her touch.  All I would see was the soft glow of light against her perfect skin, the sparkle in her eyes that let the world know that this is an angel sent from heaven to watch over the world, and keep the balance of good and evil.  I would hear the sound of our hearts merging into one, beating in rhythm together, creating the music for our passion.  Just her presence was enough to change the flow of emotion in me.  Just the thought of her was enough to calm the rage and sorrow of not being around her.  For so long I have kept distance from her.  For so long I have forfeited my feelings and emotions and forced my mind to think of other things, but I cannot pretend that I do not feel for her anymore. Now I must make my feelings known and take the risk of pain in order to taste the elixir of fate.  To find what needs to exist in my life, in our lives, I must make the first step forward, and continue forward.  The destination may be painful but the journey would in and of itself be the single most magnificent journey of my life. To explore the feelings and emotions of a woman so magnificent that other beings in heaven cast her away from jealousy that they could not compare to the light that springs forth from within her.  To allow her into my very being and feel her in my heart would take all pain from the world for a lifetime, and replace it with warmth and compassion.  Now I have a chance to make desire reality, to make longing into completion, to taste her sweet kiss an allow myself to bathe in her glory.  I will take this chance.  I will tempt the fate of lives and take the first step towards tomorrow’s promise of a new beginning.  I will chance the rapids, and be swept away by the feelings that I have kept hidden for so long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment