Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Mi Vida

I struggled for all my life to become what I am.  I have taken turns that most would not take, and tried things that most would not dare.  I fought when others ran, and stood when others rolled over.  I am not perfect, I am not infallible, and I am not superman.  I have done things that will stand in my mind for the rest of my life.  I have walked both sides of the track, and survived both.  I have found that they are both equally dangerous, and both are fraught with those who would love to see you fail.  To them I say, bring it on.  Test me, try me, do your best to stop me.  You will fail.  I have been beaten to the ground, and every time, I rise to my feet and push on.  I have never been stopped.  I follow my own rules, and I dance to my own music.  I will never back down.  I will always face adversity with a clear mind and conscience and with a smile on my face.  I smile because I know that I can overcome anything that is placed before me.  Through the strength of being, family, and God, I will overcome.  If you don’t believe me, stand before me.  I will break every chain, demolish every lock, and destroy every wall.  I will not walk around them, I will not go over them, I will not go under them, I will go through them.  I have made my own path.  I do not know where it will lead me, but I know where I have been.  I know where I will never go again.  This is my life.  I have dedication and determination on my side.  I hold honesty and integrity above all else.  The strength of my character cannot be questioned. I will not abdicate myself.  I will never lose myself again.  I do not fight because I cannot run.  I stand and fight because it is the right thing to do.  This life is a gift.  It is my responsibility to do the very best I can with it.  It is my duty to my mother, my father, and God to manage my own destiny, and create a path before me that exceeds the expectations of the doubters and critics.  This I will do because I will always try to do the right thing for the right reason.  I cannot predict what will happen in the future, but I can predict the way I will deal with what happens in the future, for I am in control of who I am, now and forever.  No one can change what I have become, and none can influence what I become in the future.  I will overcome for this is my charge, is my destiny, and is my responsibility.  This is my fight and my mission.  This is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment